After speaking with my group, the list of names we have come up with for consideration are as follows:
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- Red
I think the group will probably pick between these two movies, which worries me slightly in the case of Monty Python and the Holy Grail... How does one make a spoof of a spoof? A low budget version of an already low budget film? A funny movie out of an already very funny movie? If we go that route, though, we will manage something...
I will add another three that I came up with:
- Air Force One
- Gone with the Wind
- Lord of the Rings (any of the three films, or a mash-up of all of them)
I think any of these higher-budget, serious, or action films would be great material for the movie remake. Even remaking Monty Python could work, if the group were to do wither a serious version, or perhaps an extended ending. Maybe it would even work to expand the portions about the history professor's murder, showing 'the Monty Python you never knew..." Otherwise, we would just be repeating the original film. Once people have had the opportunity to consider other options, the group will come to consensus as to the movie we will remake.
-Kelly F.
No comments:
Post a Comment