Friday, November 25, 2011

Answer with Pictures - Image Hunt

Recently, the digital imaging class was asked to complete the following task:

Answer the following questions by posting an image (or images) with captions underneath:
1.) Who invented AC electric current?
2.) What instrument did Clara Rockmore play and who invented it?
3.) who invented the term tensegrity... and what other important inventions came from this person?

First, may I please point out that without any image, I have to give a shout-out to one of my favorite historical figures, Nikola Tesla.  Tesla worked on and patented much of what formed our modern concept of alternating current, yet he almost always takes a back seat in history to Edison (his rival and former employer).  Since he was really the most instrumental figure in our adoption of AC, I am choosing to use him as my answer to the first question.  The only reason I am writing this here is that the internet throws out a variety of names for 'inventor of AC"... Now, back to working on the assignment as it was given.

One -

                                                                     Tesla: the Little-Know Master of Electricity

                                                  Tesla Standing Atop an AC Motor - Monument at Niagara Falls

Two -

                                                                     Clara Rockmore Playing the Theremin

                                                                   The Man and His Machine - Leon Theremin

Three -

                                                                             The Scientist, Turned Word-Smith

                                                             Geodesic Domes, The Eden Project, Cornwall, UK

-Kelly F.

No comments:

Post a Comment