- Human Flying Machine (Wings) - While this concept may not have worked out too well for Icarus, I have always been fascinated with the image of a person with giant wings. This idea for an invention is my favorite of the three, simply because I have actually discussed this concept with people before. I am not an engineer, nor do I have the training necessary to know if this could actually work, but I have at least attempted to address various problems with the design. First, I know that people do not have the strength to flap a set of wings in the way that would be necessary for flight. So, my idea is basically a set of wings that are mechanically powered, controlled by motions and buttons, and large enough to actually allow the un-aerodynamic human body to fly.
- Book Holder/Light - This would be a system of mechanical arms that would hold a book in front of or above someone, without damaging the book. It would light the pages if that was necessary or required, and would turn pages for the user (again, without damaging the book!)
- Safe Book / Other Object Storage Shelf - in the same vein as the invention above, which is a new concept to me, is an old idea I have been developing for years. I am obsessive about protecting my books, and already have a fairly extensive collection. I have an idea for a bookshelf system that would protect the books (or any objects people want to put on the shelves) from fire, flood/water damage, smoke damage, earthquake, or basically any other disaster that could be imagined.
-Kelly F.
No comments:
Post a Comment